Gina Wilkinson Prize 2023 - Call for Nominations now OpenToronto, October 3, 2022 – Thank you to all our generous donors who supported Gina’s Prize during our 10th Anniversary Fundraising Campaign in 2022!
Gina’s Prize is awarded annually, offering financial support to an inspirational theatre artist with a demonstrated body of work and who is recognized by their communities for their practice, leadership and dedication to their craft. Gina’s Prize shines a spotlight on an artist whose practice and leadership merits recognition at this stage of their evolution.
- a written document (to a maximum of 3 pages);
- one of the following to a maximum of 5 minutes: video vignette, photos, mixed media, movement piece or other, to share with us:
- Where are you in your evolution as a theatre artist/leader?
- Please share the values that guide your process, how these values inform your practice/leadership, and how your work embodies them.
- Describe how your practice contributes to the artistic community and beyond, as well as how it considers future generations of theatre artists.
- What does Gina's Prize mean to you in this moment?
About the Prize
Gina's Prize pays tribute to Gina Wilkinson, who passed away in 2010, and whose dedication, vision and indomitable spirit imbued her work and her life.
Gina’s interdisciplinary artistry as a dancer, visual artist, actor, playwright and director established herself as a daring, strong, inventive leader and collaborator in the Canadian theatre. She believed in the necessity of fun in the rehearsal hall, on and off stage, and in all aspects of one’s life. In the spirit of Gina's appetite for life, the Prize is a gift to be used in any way the recipient chooses.
Gina’s Prize honours artists who work across Turtle Island on both treaty and unceded territories. Through this prize, we look to acknowledge and amplify their relationship to the land they live on and the communities they serve.
For more information about the Ontario Arts Foundation:
Bruce Bennett, Executive Director, Ontario Arts Foundation
416-969-7413 | email@example.com
Established in 1991, the Ontario Arts Foundation (OAF) is passionately committed to building long-term support for the arts in Ontario. In 2021-2022, the OAF paid out over $4.4 million in endowment income and $300,000 in awards and scholarships.